- Provided Members of Parliament, Ministers of the Crown and senior public officials with strategic communications advice and developed various proactive and reactive communications plans.
- Authored and edited various communications products, including news releases, speeches, and policy briefs.
- Prepared the Leader of the Opposition for the House of Commons’ daily Question Period.
- Developed backdrops, podium signs, printed materials and other audio/visual enhancements for public events and announcements.
- Appeared on radio and television as a spokesperson.
- Implemented a progressive wage structure and standardized employee evaluations.
- Pushed an organization towards more sustainable and environmentally responsible operational practices, securing national accreditation for same.
- Oversaw numerous direct-mail, paid advertisement and social media campaigns.
- Coordinated City of Ottawa’s audit function, working with senior officials to ensure deadlines were met, documents were accurate and responses consistent with corporate policies and guidelines.
- Led the re-design and re-launch of a major political party’s website, bringing together various stakeholders to refine the website’s aims and objectives and coordinating the work of a team of designers, programmers and communications professionals.
Speech & Debate
- Provided Members of Parliament, Ministers of the Crown and senior public officials with speech and debate training.
- Prepared the Leader of the Opposition for the federal “Leaders’ Debates.”
- Developed and implemented innovative school-wide debate and speech program.
- Represented Canada as an official adjudicator at World Schools Debating Championships in Singapore, Peru, Germany, Wales, Korea, United States, Greece and Qatar.
- Served as an assistant coach to four consecutive Canadian national high school teams.